Thursday, November 3, 2011

Issue Relevance to My Topic

The issue stated in the article was about the murder of babies by abortion clinics who also killed a woman due to an overdose of painkiller drugs.  They pleaded guilty to third degree murder, and are being punished for their doings.  The article stated that the doctor operated on babies that were in post abortion state, and did so by cutting the spinal column with scissors.  The author’s stance on the issue seems relatively unbiased.  If anything it would be leaning towards prolife, because the reason can be seen in the article.  The author merely stated the facts, and truth is, it is a very sad story pertaining to abortions.  The author did not how what responses the doctors have to say for themselves, and it makes it look like all abortion doctors are murderers.
            I do not agree with the writer being prolife, because it completely neglects the stance of the person who is pregnant.  For instance, the person who wanted the abortion must have known that there were risks to having an abortion, and the worst did happen for an unfortunate person.  The author also did not show that having an abortion is safe for most of the time.  This was one abortion clinic out of many that had unjust principles.  I feel that the author needed to state that it was only one incident, and also state that most abortions are safe.  I also feel that this was a scare tactic to make people reconsider abortion and try to get people to go through with their birth, and that to me seems wrongful.
            Although I did not agree with the writer, he or she did do things that I did like.  For instance, it was concise, and very persuasive and concealed in such a way, that I almost agreed with him or her that all abortions are bad.  I will try to incorporate this writer’s tactics such as stating powerful examples of something that goes for my stance.  However, I feel that it would also be difficult to find someone who is willing to say that they had an abortion and are happy with the fact that they did go through with one.  I also would like to use the writer’s way of manipulating the title, into not as concrete of what the story was about.  It attracts people who are possibly neutral to the stance of prolife or prochoice on abortion, but persuades those readers into becoming prolife.  It also looks like the writer does not have a stance, but he or she is definitely prolife, because her evidence and story supports that in a strong manner.  The writer did a successful job at executing the article, and I want to emulate the writing, but with my stance instead, and make it longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment