Thursday, November 10, 2011

Extra Credit: Who was Blamed?

First of all, I want to say that I am sorry for what the children experienced.  No one should have to go through the tragedy of being abused by a pedophile.  What Sandusky did was repulsive and unforgivable.  He should be the one who media need to post.  Instead the media posts that a Penn State football coach did so, and thus Penn State University is getting a bad reputation because of the unforgivable acts of one man.  Joe Paterno and Graham Spanier are getting the most heat right now, and were fired as of November 9th.  I feel that the Board of Administration has acted too soon, and in the chaos that is the media, they took away two figures that the Penn State were proud of.  I would have at least like for the Board of Administration to allow Paterno finish out the season, as it was his career, and he did do everything he was supposed to do.  This fiasco has also made me realize of how twisted the media is.  For the first time, I am on the other side of the television, and I feel that some of the news focuses too much on the actions of what the Board of Administration is doing, instead of what they should report.  A man by the name of Jerry Sandusky, who molested/raped children should be put on the media and embarrassed, rather than the university itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment