Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Blog Design

Blogs should be easy to read and pleasing to look at.  Memorable blogs however will look a cut above the rest.  I remember seeing some awesome websites, and the reason I remember them was because it was unique and different.  My blog has a black background with white text.  It is different, but easy to read.  The colors that were put on the black makes the blog have life, and not just have it black and white.  The texts of my writings are also easy to read.  They are not like Comic Sans MS where it looks childish, but professional and clean.  The title of my blog “YYam’s blog” is a different font, because it shows uniqueness and some creativity and leniency.  I have also seen some websites, where they are plain and boring with a white background and black text.  It’s like reading a document meant for lawyers fighting for a case.
            Blogs should represent people’s characteristics, and I feel that my blog is an excellent representation of my characteristics and personality.  The black background gives it a mysterious look to it.  For a college classroom about rhetoric and writing, I would say that my blog is appropriate, but could use some improvements.  I feel my blog expresses my writing as well.  It gives the reader a clear picture through the clarity of the text which was white on black that gives it originality.
            I chose the new design for my blog to freshen it up.  A whiter background makes the print easy to read, and having a gray background makes it distinct.  The gray background is also to make it represent like a newspaper.  I made it look like a newspaper because that is what blogging essentially is, news, but opinionated.  I also blue in most of the text to support Penn State’s blue and white.  It goes with the motto, “I bleed blue and white.”  I chose white text over black still, because black on grey would still look like an eye sore, unlike white on gray.  A site that inspired me is Apple’s main site.  It has a gray background that is classy, which fits for an English 15 class.  It is a refreshing feel compared to the previous black background.  I also liked New York Time’s font different and it was still professional.  For my blog, I chose a more relaxed title font, because it represents my characteristics.
            The purpose to refresh for a cleaner blog is to make it easier to read and pleasing to look at.  The hyperlinks are in a distinct color difference between clicked and unclicked.  I also feel that having the background white represents something.  It represents innocence and clarity.  Cleaning up my blog makes it look nicer, and I actually have a thought process when I chose the color scheme, font, size of certain texts, as well as the width of the main article versus the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment